January 6, 2011

Let's Go Sporcle-ing


This past holiday break I found myself holed away in my bedroom for what seemed like ages. Thankfully, I had a good friend introduce me to what has become my new favorite website: Sporcle.

It's a haven for trivia nerds of all kinds and a great daily distraction. Sporcle uses a basic fill-in-the-blank technique to create fun and challenging timed quizzes about everything from geography, to science, to music.

My attempt at naming shows with black casts by # of episodes
Personally, I tend to stick to the Entertainment, Movies, and Television sections to hone my knowledge of album release dates, Oscar winners, and Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon-esque trivia. But when I'm feeling more adventurous, I try to brush up on my lackluster geography knowledge.

I'd encourage anyone to try out this excellent site: from self-proclaimed trivia experts to those hungry to glean a few more fun facts. And the best part is that several new quizzes are released daily, so you never run out of things to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment